Monday, February 11, 2019

Namjoon's Story, 3 POVs


I want to write about someone who means a lot to me, I do not know this person personally but I have been presented to a big part of his life through social media. His name is Kim Namjoon, leader of South Korean group BTS. He has faced many hardships in his life, many that I know of and many that I’m unaware of. He was one of the smartest students in his country, with grades as good as his he could’ve have had any job, high paying jobs. However he decided to follow his dream by debuting as Rap Monster (now RM) from BTS in a small company called “BigHit Entertainment”. I will try to reenact the time where had to make the decision on whether or not to audition for BigHit.


Namjoon’s Story


His point of view:







Hi,


My name is Kim Namjoon and I’m a middle school student from Ilsan, South Korea. I have this dream of becoming a rapper, but my parents are against it. My mom even threw my mic away once...ㅠㅠ They’re constantly bugging me on how I should focus on school and get good grades, but I do! I was ranked in the nation's top 1% as a student. Don’t get me wrong, my country is very small, I’m in no way the smartest guy on Earth. However, if I have decent grades, why is it so bad that I rap in my free time? Oh, I forgot to tell you that I’m part of an underground hip hop crew called Daenamhyup. My stage name is Runch Randa~ do you like it? I do haha.. I have recently been contacted by this idol agency, if I remember well they’re called ‘’BigHit Entertainment”, in all honesty I don’t know them so well. This seems like a big opportunity for me, but.. Becoming a K-pop idol?  I don’t know about that. I don’t wanna wear make-up and dance.. ㅠㅠ but I do want my music to reach more people.. However success is not guaranteed, Bighit doesn’t seem like a big company, but they seem pretty nice. What about my parents? They’re so worried about me being financially stable in the future, I don’t think they would accept it.. Haa~~ why is this so hard? I wish I would stop overthinking..






My point of view (friend in school):




Dear Diary,

I saw Namjoon at school today, he told me some amazing news! He was invited to audition to Bighit Entertainment today by a staff member who went to one of his live performances and I'M SO EXCITED! ♡ WOW he can become an actual singer signed to an actual label :3 I'm so jealous of him. This guy is literally one of the smartest people in the country AND he is so good musically wise too! UGH how can a nerd be so hot.. ㅠㅠ I told him to go for it, but he was like:  
- I don’t wanna wear make-up and dance. 
-Ah shut up you'd look better than me! I said.
I understand this is a big decision, it's his whole future. He is asked to make a choice in such a small amount of time.. even I would freak out! Right now its 10:40PM, I bet he can't even sleep. I'm so anxious to know his answer. He's a smart and hard-working guy, I know that in whatever he chooses he'll succeed!





NEWS POST:




DISCHARGED
247 Your Ass
Priva City, SK 134340
(446) 632-5688
South Korea’s Top Student Approached by Unknown Company “BigHit Entertainment”
September 04, 2008

Kim Namjoon a.k.a Runch Randa

Kim Namjoon, 15 years old, has been contacted by unknown company “Bighit Entertainment”. The nation’s top 1% student faces hard decision between richness and poverty and we have interviewed him to understand why even bother thinking about it.

A Helping Hand

The team of Discharged has invited middle schooler Kim Namjoon this morning to help him choose his path and create his life plan. Reality isin't a fairytale where every ending is happy. The sooner he realizes that, the better.
Interview
Discharged: Hello, welcome to our set Namjoon.

Namjoon: Hello, pleasure to meet you.


Discharged: Now, Namjoon will you please explain your situation to our readers?

Namjoon: I have recently been contacted by this idol company, I'm considering auditioning to them. I'm still scared that I might not succeed but am hypnotized by the idea of my music reaching a larger audience.

Discharged: Isn't that a risky move? Bighit is not a very big company, you have such good grades you could have any well-payed job you want!

Namjoon: I guess I could, but I'd be unhappy because I'm passionate about music. As long as I'm making music, I don't need fancy cars and rings to be happy.

Discharged: Why not become a doctor? You could save lives!


Namjoon: I believe that it is also possible to save lives through music. It heals and comforts. At least, it saved me.

Discharged: What about your hip-hop crew? Won't the members look down on you for leaving them? You understand K-pop idols are very criticized by underground rappers.

Namjoon: Hmm.. No, I believe in my friends. I don't think they'll turn their backs on me for doing something good for myself. I believe they want to see me win as much as I want to see them win. I am no K-pop idol either, I am only me.

Discharged: What is Bighit's plan for you then? And exactly did they contact you

Namjoon: I'm not sure, but I heard that when the company's CEO heard my rap he wanted to create a boy group with me in it, that what the guy who invited me to the audition said. 

Discharged: Are you okay with that?

Namjoon: Of course! Why wouldn't I? I have always been in a group, this is nothing different.

Discharged: Bighit is not very known, they seem to really want you to sign with them and you're still underage. Do you not think this is weird?

Namjoon: What do you mean?

Discharged: Do you think they might have anything to do with the paedophilia community?

Namjoon: ... Really?.. That's the question? 

Discharged: Haha no it's just a joke.

Namjoon:

Discharged:


Namjoon:

Discharged:

Namjoon: You know what? School starts soon so I have to leave right now! Sorry to cut this short.


Discharged: Oh sure! Thank you for coming.

Namjoon: Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dionysus in the making A wild and drunk Namjoon enters Suga’s studio where he and J-Hope are working on new songs for their new album “M...