Monday, February 18, 2019

Graduation



High school is finally over. Today marks that day. We threw our ''chains'' keeping us from attaining complete freedom when we threw our funny looking blue hats into the air. Everyone is smiling and laughing genuinely thinking of their future. I just smiled for the picture, not because I was sad to leave high school, but that I wasn't happy either. I understood the saying ''you'll miss high school once you leave it'' as soon as I heard it. After being put into this path that society built for you, I got accustomed to it, not having to worry about what to do next. It's making me anxious, my future is in my hands now. If we're supposed to feel free, why do I feel more suffocated than before? I won't get to enjoy life as it is as much anymore because I'll have to be constantly thinking about what to do next. It'll go on and on until I retire. I hate growing up, I hate it. I'm such a pessimist, I can't think of things in a positive light. However, I'm sure that the future will bring good things and I'll do my best o overcome any obstacle that'll come my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dionysus in the making A wild and drunk Namjoon enters Suga’s studio where he and J-Hope are working on new songs for their new album “M...