Monday, April 15, 2019

Dionysus in the making

A wild and drunk Namjoon enters Suga’s studio where he and J-Hope are working on new songs for their new album “Map of the Soul: Persona”

Namjoon: Guys, I had this idea for another song for our album.
Suga: What is it?
J-Hope: Yeah tell us.
Namjoon: In Greek mythology, there is this god of wine called Dionysus. We could use that
J-Hope: Ooh, using Greek  mythology in our songs would make us look so sophisticated hahah.
Namjoon: Right? We could dress up really nice for the concept pictures with the theme being Dionysus, don’t you think?
J-Hope: Yes! Greek mythology is beautiful. The stylists are going to have a blast.
Suga: What would the lyrics of the song be about precisely?
Namjoon: I want the chorus to stick in people’s heads, so how about we repeat “Drink it up” a bunch of times in it?
Suga: If I understand well, you want to name a song after a greek god and make it be about getting wasted?
Namjoon: Precisely that.
J-Hope: I’m so down, oh my god, I have been waiting for this moment!
Suga: But Namjoon, we’re known for having a deeper meaning behind our songs and music videos. Isn't making a song about a god of wine be about getting wasted too obvious and out there?
Namjoon: Of course, that is what I’m going for. I want the song to be fun. I was also thinking of making a rock beat to go along with it.
Suga/J-Hope: Oooooh!
J-Hope: Oh we’re bringing rock back? I’m even more excited! Let’s do it!
Suga: You know what? At this point, let’s just do it.



A few months later, in Bighit Entertainment’s studio.

Suga: Ah, I’m so happy I’m done with these songs, I can finally sleep. Hm? J-hope, aren’t you done? The guys already left.
J-Hope: You can go ahead, I’ll leave later.
Suga: What, you’re still stuck in “Dionysus’’? Dude, stop already the song is great.
J-Hope: Hey listen, I really love this song and I’m feeling inspired so please let me stay.
Suga: Alright, but don’t forget PD Bang wants this done by the end of this week.
J-Hope: Alright, I’ll finish it as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dionysus in the making A wild and drunk Namjoon enters Suga’s studio where he and J-Hope are working on new songs for their new album “M...